[Athen] JAWS 14 vs. JAWS 18

Tristen Breitenfeldt tristenbreitenfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 14:05:53 PDT 2017

Hi Megan,

While it is possible that the problem is related to the students' version of
JAWS, I suspect that the problem might actually be more closely related to
either the students' knowledge of how to use your Learning Management System
(LMS) or the LMS itself.

It would help to know which LMS your institution is using and specifically
what problems the student is experiencing.

I do not think it is appropriate to tell a student that they have to use a
different screen reader when they already have and are used to using a
particular screen reader, especially if there might be a more universal
solution.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you want some help trouble-shooting the
problem. I am a JAWS screen reader user myself and my specialty is
accessibility testing for e-learning.

Tristen Breitenfeldt

tristenbreitenfeldt at gmail.com

www.tristenb.com