[Athen] Office Mix and math (cross posted)

Karen Sorensen karen.sorensen at pcc.edu
Mon Mar 20 06:17:58 PDT 2017

Hi Friends,
We have instructors who love the Office Mix plug-in for Microsoft
PowerPoint. It basically turns your PPT into a multimedia presentation. And
it's screen reader accessible (at least with NVDA), even the interactive
quizzes. But it only allows the author to input LaTeX into the interactive
quizzes (which are built after the conversion to Office Mix), which did not
read well with NVDA (and Math Player).
*Can any screen reader read math in LaTeX format? *
We could convert it to MathType or MathML (I'm not sure which it would need
to be since the Mix is published to the Web, but it's not a web page), but
Office Mix won't allow us to input anything but LaTeX.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Karen

Karen M. Sorensen
Accessibility Advocate for Online Courses
www.pcc.edu/access
Portland Community College
971-722-4720
Twitter: @ksorensun