[Athen] Office Mix and math (cross posted)

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Mon Mar 20 12:06:00 PDT 2017

Assuming that the screen reader works with the LaTeX editor, then, yes, a screen reader should be able to read the LaTeX equations—assuming that they are still in the TeX language and have not been converted to “display” math.

You can try this with MathType in MS Word. You can toggle between display math and TeX in MathType using Alt + \.

https://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/popup_tex_in_word.htm

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
HTCTU Director
408-996-6047