[Athen] Audio Description for video w/ no sound?

Corrine Schoeb kschoeb1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue May 2 09:48:07 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

This is a two part question - do we need to do audio description and can it
be done with a YouTube video.

We have a video which plays a prominent role on one of our giving campaign
websites. The video is aerial scenes of our college - it has no sound and
no one is speaking. I think the video does convey a feeling and is
certainly showing different locations on campus which could be identified.

I'm wondering if we should be adding audio descriptions for this video or
if a title is sufficient?

The other pertinent piece of information is that the video is coming from
our YouTube channel. Adding Audio Description to a YouTube video seems
problematic. The only option I've found so far is YouDescribe. Are there
other options you may know of?

--

Corrine Schoeb
Technology Accessibility Coordinator, ITS

*** Swarthmore College ITS will never ask you for your password, including
by email. Please keep your passwords private to protect yourself and the
security of our network.

To learn more about web security visit
http://www.swarthmore.edu/its/security