[Athen] Title, tags, lang - where are they in a PDF document? Beginning or end?

Corrine Schoeb kschoeb1 at swarthmore.edu
Wed May 24 05:34:42 PDT 2017

We are working on creating a scan of PDF documents, some of which are 100+
pages. Rather than scan the full document to find out if it is tagged, has
a title and language we thought we might be able to do the first 5-10 pages
but I'm not sure where the title, tag, lang data is stored in a PDF.

So my question is, is title, tag, lang attributes of a PDF stored at the
beginning of a PDF or at the end?

--

Corrine Schoeb
Technology Accessibility Coordinator, ITS

*** Swarthmore College ITS will never ask you for your password, including
by email. Please keep your passwords private to protect yourself and the
security of our network.

To learn more about web security visit
http://www.swarthmore.edu/its/security