[Athen] Blackboard Ally

Christopher Phillips Christopher.Phillips at usu.edu
Wed Sep 6 10:02:35 PDT 2017

We are using Ally as well with Canvas. It does a great job of providing feedback to faculty and facilitating the remediation of a number of accessibility fixes. We do have concerns that some of the feedback they provide to faculty will be difficult for some faculty to resolve, but as Amy mentioned they are continually rolling out improvements.

We have generally been pleased with the alternative formats that the tool automatically provides. Recognizing of course that there are limits to how much can be remediated automatically, I have been pleasantly surprised at how good of a job the tool does at automatically recognizing and tagging certain types of content such as tables, equations, headings, etc…

--
Christopher Phillips
Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Coordinator