[Athen] Question about accessible forms

Christine Robinson crobinson at ggc.edu
Wed Sep 6 12:22:55 PDT 2017

Hi all -

Apologies for my cross-posting between the Athens and Educause groups; trying to find an answer quickly.

My department has been sent a Word document, to be used in student advising. The specific request from the stakeholder is to turn the inaccessible Word document into a PDF form. As far as we know, most or all of the advisors will print out the forms and complete them by hand.

Can anyone tell me what the best process might be, for turning an inaccessible Word document into an accessible PDF form?

* Create a Word form and then convert to PDF? or

* Create a PDF form directly in Acrobat Pro? or

* something else I haven't thought of?

Thanks!
Chris

Christine Robinson | Technical Trainer/Writer | Center for Teaching Excellence
Georgia Gwinnett College | 1000 University Center Lane | Lawrenceville, GA 30043