[Athen] NVDA shortcuts for Outlook

PATRICK BURKE burke at ucla.edu
Wed Sep 13 10:21:39 PDT 2017

Hi Heidi,

In general NVDA has fewer application-specific commands/configs than some
other screenreaders. So mainly we would use the Outlook built-in keyboard
commands + the regular NVDA nav commands. Some NVDA features for Word will
work for Outlook if Word is set as the editor (obviously that doesn't help
much with the Calendar).

There are a couple of Outlook improvements listed in the What's New for
NVDA 2017.3 (such as the Appointment datepicker). Hopefully that will be
useful. I haven't tested recently (primarily use Gmail.)

Otherwise, I previously found NVDA to have some problems moving around the
Ribbon system. Although I also was sometimes baffled by the Outlook 2016
Ribbons using Jaws as well. ...

All best,
Patrick