[Athen] Updates on accessibility FutureLearn MOOCs for Sept and Oct 2018

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Thu Aug 2 03:11:16 PDT 2018

Dear All

We are running two MOOCs on inclusion and digital accessibility this Autumn
and I wonder if you could possibly pass round the information as they have
been updated to include the latest standards and guidelines. All the
original materials are available as Open Education Recourses on the MOOCAP
website https://moocap.gpii.eu/?page_id=839

FutureLearn Inclusive Learning and Teaching Environments Sept 3rd for three
weeks - for those working in Higher Education and interested in making
elearning accessible

"Explore the barriers experienced by disabled students and learn how to
overcome these barriers through inclusive practices."

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/inclusive-learning-teaching/

FutureLearn Digital Accessibility Oct 8th for five weeks with 8 universities
discussing different aspects of digital technologies and accessibility from
the developer and user's point of view with case studies, new technologies
and the latest news about legal standards and guidelines for web, mobile,
documents, IoT etc. When there is "a better understanding of users' needs,
technologies can be developed to be accessible & provide a more inclusive
environment"

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/digital-accessibility

Thank you so much

Best wishes

E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan

WAIS, ECS , University of Southampton

Mobile +44 (0)7976 289103

<https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=69b1RzNTDwem3wbm4pLRmuYfTL
t16YjcghtEpZBsF5Sebx78I2DUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2faccess.ecs.soton.ac.uk%2f>
http://access.ecs.soton.ac.uk

UK AAATE rep
<https://www.outlook.soton.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=WUwOCw_4FszLSzcUbkoFdDkad8
-Q_GrRfPYUJ_ol5l2ebx78I2DUCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.aaate.net%2f>