[Athen] Reminder - Ron Stewart Professional Development Award
Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker)
hunziker at email.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 13 08:50:22 PDT 2018
A reminder about the Ron Stewart Professional Development Award - Application deadline is 9/1/18. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!
At the 2017 Accessing Higher Ground Conference, the ATHEN membership approved the Ron Stewart Professional Development Award in honor of one of the founding members of ATHEN.
In 2002, Ron Stewart helped to start the Access Technology Higher Education Network (ATHEN) while continuing to work in the field of access technology. The Ron Stewart Professional Development Award supports Ron's mission to nurture access technology professionals in higher education. To accomplish this, the Award will support a first-time attendee in attending the Accessing Higher Ground conference.
The Award includes:
- Standard Main Conference Registration Package for 2018 Accessing Higher Ground Conference. Includes all workshops, Wednesday to Friday (keynote dinner not included).
- Hotel accommodations for the conference (up to 3 nights) at the official conference hotel, Westin Westminster.
- Professional Membership in ATHEN for 1 year.
The Award is open to those who:
- Have never attended the Accessing Higher Ground conference.
- Are currently employed at a post-secondary institution in the field of access technology.
For full details about the Award and the application process, please visit:
The application deadline is September 1, 2018.
We look forward to supporting new professionals in access technology!
ATHEN Executive Council
Please note: Recipient with be responsible for all travel costs and meals. No monetary award or reimbursement is provided.
IT Accessibility Consultant, Sr.
Disability Resource Center
University of Arizona
hunziker at email.arizona.edu<mailto:hunziker at email.arizona.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list