[Athen] Complex tables (splitting and merging cells)

chagnon at pubcom.com chagnon at pubcom.com
Thu Aug 23 14:47:35 PDT 2018

In PDF, it's pretty quick and easy for basic tables.

Just add scope and span in Acrobat's Table Editor.

And look for Word and InDesign to do this automatically in future releases
(hopefully..they know it's a problem). InDesign puts the span in already but
not the scope.

More complex tables with multi-line headers need IDs, and those tools are
being developed.

--Bevi

- - -

Bevi Chagnon, founder/CEO | <mailto:Bevi at PubCom.com> Bevi at PubCom.com

- - -

PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing

consulting . training . development . design . sec. 508 services

Upcoming classes at <http://www.pubcom.com/classes> www.PubCom.com/classes

- - -

<https://mailchi.mp/ff5bd323ea45/newsletter-accessibility-fonts-design-upcom
ing-classes-2901237> Latest blog-newsletter - Accessibility Tips at
<http://www.PubCom.com/blog> www.PubCom.com/blog