[Athen] web app and application prioritization

Khoa Pham kpham at swccd.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:12:26 PST 2018

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a prioritization of what type of applications should be checked for accessibility when it comes to web applications and standalone applications that are used by students? I understand that publisher apps are one of the higher priorities, but what about non publisher apps, such as ones that are specific to a discipline and could be something they use in their career choice. Some examples would be QuickBooks, ArcGIS, and Eclipse.

There are a myriad of applications installed in computer labs for students to use in different discipline and checking them all would be extremely time consuming for a group with limited resources and time. I understand all applications should be made accessible, but there are some that might not provide full access for testing unless it is purchased. If anyone has any thoughts or input on this I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Khoa