[Athen] 125140: Edge is repeatedly set as the default for PDF Viewing

Fermin, German GERMAN.FERMIN at PURCHASE.EDU
Tue Feb 20 06:20:07 PST 2018

Just following up on this and wanted to add this article by Adobe that points to this issue and details this existing problem:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/pdfviewer.html

German
Campus Technology Services
Purchase College
From: Fermin, German
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 4:15 PM
To: 'edad at microsoft.com' <edad at microsoft.com>
Cc: msoffice at uw.edu
Subject: 125140: Edge is repeatedly set as the default for PDF Viewing

Hello, we can reproduce this behavior almost 100-percent of the time.
We're running Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.192 in an enterprise environment. These options are set in Group Policy for file types via the pasted at the bottom of this email .xml file. Behavior is that for the first person that logs on, everything is fine. Next person that logs on can't change it to Adobe. They get the following error ""An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .pdf files, so it was reset to Microsoft Edge""
We are a school and as you can imagine, we get a lot of calls here the College's helpdesk about this. Let me know what you need from me so we can resolve this?

German
Purchase College
Campus Technology Services
914-251-6183