[Athen] Articulate 360 and accessibility

Kowalik, Eric eric.kowalik at marquette.edu
Mon Feb 26 12:27:40 PST 2018

Hi Chris,

Yes, there are a lot of great interactive options. Hopefully others on the list will chime in on this topic, my feeling is the goal is universal design where one module can be used by all without having to have two versions.

Our institution is undergoing a remediation project in which modules developed in Storyline 2 are being upgraded via Storyline 3 to make them accessible. There are two modules that heavily utilize the drag and drop functionality. Project stake holders and users love this, so in order to make the module accessible, we developed a separate track that can be used solely via the keyboard. The user is prompted which version they would like to experience when the module first loads.

While doing this keeps the drag and drop functionality, it also doubles the work as you are basically developing a second version of the module. If this is a training module that will be updated frequently you'd have to consider if the extra development time and quality assurance testing is worth it.

-Eric