[Athen] Pagination issues in Alt Format

Corazon Napolis coco.napolis at csueastbay.edu
Wed Jan 3 10:04:09 PST 2018

We have been making much better use of EPUB files for students requesting
alt format of textbooks. For students that prefer to use Kurzweil 3000,
we've loaded EPUB files and saved to their Universal Library. Some students
have complained that the EUPB pagination does not match the print book.
I've communicated that content is the same while pagination may differ and
that the bookmark/search features can assist with navigation. The only
other alternative to having pagination match exactly would be to scan in
the physical textbook which we prefer not to do if accessible versions
exist.

Is it common for students to rely so heavily on their print book while also
receiving alt format?
--

*Coco (Corazon) Napolis*
Accessible Media Coordinator