[Athen] Pearson

Kluesner, Bryon Bryon-Kluesner at utc.edu
Fri Jan 12 09:44:38 PST 2018

Athen friends

Interesting scenario with Pearson. They sent me an email stating a text I requested was available as ePub through Vital Source. This has occurred at least a half dozen times. I replied back with the following:
The students I work with use Kurzweil for their reading. While I appreciate the fact that the ePub files are compliant and accessible, I do not think my students would even want to learn another process to access their books other than the PDF format I have been providing. This style of alternate texts does not meet the need of my students. I would like to know if there are PDF files available instead?
I am going to reply back to let them know we are a Kurzweil campus and re-request the title in PDF format.
Has anyone else had an issue with this and push back from Pearson?
Thanks,
Bryon

Bryon Kluesner, RhD
Adaptive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resource Center
Adjunct Professor
College of Health, Education & Professional Studies

[cid:image001.png at 01D244AB.C1DE6680]

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
108 University Center
615 McCallie Avenue, Dept. 2953
Chattanooga, TN 37403

(423) 425-4006 | utc.edu/drc<http://www.utc.edu/dean-students>