[Athen] Accessibility of Stretch and Live Stream Captioning

Yurkovich, Cynthia Ann cyurko at udel.edu
Mon Jul 9 12:01:25 PDT 2018

Good afternoon! Question for the group? Are any of your campuses using a product called Stretch (formerly Stretch Internet) for sporting events, real-time updated game stats, live streaming of multiple events (for instance volleyball and soccer playing at the same time (so fans can watch both)), etc.? Our web accessibility group is concerned that the live steaming of games may not be accessible for captions. They claim they are WCAG 2.0 AA compliant – we have not purchased the product yet - and are still waiting to see their VPAT.

Anyone familiar with Stretch and/or using a different product for accessibility purposes?

Thanks in advance!
Cyndi

Cyndi Yurkovich | Assistive Technology Coordinator
Office of Disability Support Services | University of Delaware
240 Academy Street |Alison Hall, Suite 130 |Newark, DE 19716

Ph. 302.831.4643 | fax 302.831.3261 | cyurko at udel.edu<mailto:cyurko at udel.edu>