[Athen] Screen Reader/Browser Combination

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Thu Jul 19 11:25:42 PDT 2018

OOne more thing: I got an email once from an instructor who worried about whether his site was screen reader accessible. I could read it perfectly; it had markup that made screen reader navigation easy.

But his course content was all poor camera-phone photos of textbook pages – photos that would not even OCR well.

Another fully accessible site I was asked to look at had about fifty image-only PDFS it linked to. Again, an instructor site. So don’t miss the big picture when you worry whether NVDA will properly read a particular radio button’s caption with a particular browser.

--Debee