[Athen] Font accessibility

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jun 23 13:55:17 PDT 2018

If you have access to the WebAim list and its
archives -- there was just a big discussion. At
least I think it was there. Apparently there is
some research, there are better and worse. But
when you get into low vision, and other
disabilities, all bets are off. Each condition
and individual are different. Do some googleing
and I am sure you can find some of the
research. Other factors can also be important,
contrast, size, letter separation, line spacing etc.

Dave

At 08:07 PM 6/21/2018, you wrote:

>boundary="_000_SYAPR01MB29449743BECDD78A028F9EA7CF750SYAPR01MB2944ausp_"

>Hi

>Does anyone have some research or evidence about

>the accessibility of different fonts? We have

>come across a very thin-lined font and we have

>been asked for proof that it is harder to read than normal font.

>Thanks

>Gian

>(Sorry for cross-posting)

>Gian Wild, CEO

>AccessibilityOz

>Company Twitter: @accessibilityoz

>Email: <mailto:gian at accessibilityoz.com>gian at accessibilityoz.com

>United States: (415) 621 9366 – Cell: (646) 785 3689

>Australia: (03) 8677 0828 – Mobile: 042 442 6262

>Twitter: @gian – LinkedIn:

><https://www.linkedin.com/in/gianwild/>https://www.linkedin.com/in/gianwild/

>Products:

><https://www.accessibilityoz.com/ozart/>OzART:

>our fully accessible automated testing tool

><https://www.accessibilityoz.com/ozplayer/>OzPlayer:

>our fully accessible video player

><https://www.accessibilityoz.com/ozwiki/>OzWiki:

>our database of accessibility errors, examples and solutions

---
https://www.avg.com