[Athen] Will our 9080C make the jump to Win10?

Paul Linh Nguyen Paul.Linh.Nguyen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:51:40 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I've seen this topic pop up a few times so I'm going to echo the e-mails I
have saved.

Marshall Sunnes <ms9513 at nyu.edu> on the DSSHE-L listserv

Use the DR-G1130 Driver: ​

> http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0046269.asp?model=

My observation: I don't think I saw any follow-up e-mails confirming
whether this worked or not. We're still using Windows 7 so I have not had a
chance to test it myself yet either.

On the Alternate Media <altmedia at htclistserv.htctu.fhda.edu> listserv, the
conversation pretty much concluded with being stuck on Windows 7 such that,
when extended support ends, someone was going to "get an old computer, and
keep it off-line, and set it up with obsolete hardware, like an embosser,
scanner, ETC."

I want to say I've seen another e-mail thread that suggested some people
who upgraded FROM Windows 7 into 10 still had it work while at the same
time others indicated it didn't. A little of a toss up on that one.

Otherwise I think my group is getting closed to being pushed to
investigating replacing our 9080c.

Would love to hear more details/information on what people do know or have.
And if not, what did they ultimately replace their 9080c with if applicable.

Thanks!

-Paul