[Athen] MathType Question

Noble,Stephen L. steve.noble at louisville.edu
Mon Mar 26 13:34:57 PDT 2018

You may find that setting the workspace preferences targets to "large" will be helpful to students with learning disabilities. See this page for more information: https://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathplayer/tsn/tsn112.htm

Even though the page is focused on low-vision, making things larger and easier to click on is often helpful.

Also, another way of making MathType easier to use with a mouse is to customize the symbol palette so that expressions which are commonly used in a particular course are located on the same tab. See this page for more details:

http://dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/tsn/tsn117.htm#Saving_frequently_used_symbols_to_the_MathType_toolbars

When you say you are "still finding the navigation hard to control" do you mean listening to the expression being read? Other than MathPlayer's demo speech mode, the only way you will get speech navigation to work in Word is to use NVDA. Here's the documentation on how that works:

https://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/navigation_commands.htm

Hope that helps.

--Steve Noble
steve.noble at louisville.edu
502-969-3088
http://louisville.academia.edu/SteveNoble<https://exchange.louisville.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=CdhMttRtdkSZAY1GqZCRu5k28cp7bNAIPUU6wKc1De8y-_GlninyxASwkrwRp4PfcJ9J6C2iqrk.&URL=http%3a%2f%2flouisville.academia.edu%2fSteveNoble>