[Athen] MathType challenges

Susan Kelmer Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu
Fri May 4 09:48:26 PDT 2018

Unless the Microsoft Equation Editor equations are funneled through MathType for output, they will be simply images.

Also, there have been issues when we've done MathType in Word as far as creation and output. Make sure the math faculty are using the latest version of MathType with patches, 6.9d with Office 2016 or later. And then they need to output the file properly - to html + mathjax (web page) or as Word. This depends on what the student will be using to read it. Are they using CAR and Word? Are they using Jaws and html? Are they using NVDA and word? These things make a difference on whether the student can actually "hear" them or not.

Susan Kelmer
Alternate Format Production Program Manager
Disability Services
University of Colorado Boulder
303-735-4836