[Athen] UW Disability Services Assistant Director Position

Dan Comden danc at uw.edu
Fri May 4 10:32:24 PDT 2018

(forwarded)

Hello-

The University of Washington Disability Resources for Students office has
an opening for a great leadership opportunity of Assistant Director. This
position will have oversight of the Program Manager for the unit’s Access
Text & Technology (ATT) Program while also holding a leadership, outreach
and administrative role in the broader office operations. The ATT program
serves all three UW campuses (Bothell, Tacoma and Seattle) in the
conversion and creation of accessible instructional materials and media for
courses. We partner with campus offices such as Access Technology Services,
DO-IT, UW Captioning, Center for Teaching and Learning, and many more as we
strive for accessible and inclusive classrooms for students.

We are excited to find a leader looking to join our team and the amazing
work happening at the UW. There has been, and continues to be, some amazing
work happening on campus with a focus on accessibility. It is an energizing
time to work on this campus and partner with great colleagues as we form
our new ideal state of operating. With a new ADA Coordinator search
underway, a new charge for a comprehensive 3-5 year plan for accessibility
across campus, and administrative commitment to look at how to move the
dial on access and inclusion for people with disabilities, we are
collectively engaged to get some great work done.

Here are some links to our website to review and see if this is position,
unit and college is a fit for you. Please reach out and ask any questions
as well as share and post widely with any and all peers who may be
interested.

· Disability.uw.edu <http://depts.washington.edu/uwdrs>

· Accessible Instructional Materials
<http://depts.washington.edu/uwdrs/accessible-instructional-materials/>

· Accessible Videos and Audio
<http://depts.washington.edu/uwdrs/accessible-videos-and-audio/>

UW Jobs Req 155589: https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/
default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=155589&
szCandidateID=0&szSearchWords=&szReturnToSearch=1

Bree

*BREE CALLAHAN*

Director

Disability Resources for Students

Pronouns: she, her, hers

011 Mary Gates Hall

Box 352808
Seattle, WA 98195-2808

Direct: 206.221.2453 / Main: 206.543.8924

breec at uw.edu/ http://disability.uw.edu

--
-*- Dan Comden danc at uw.edu <danc at washington.edu>
Access Technology Center www.uw.edu/itconnect/accessibility/atl/