[Athen] Learning Management System symposium--Speakers needed!

Adam Kosakowski akosakowski at baypath.edu
Tue May 29 05:47:48 PDT 2018

Hello all!

Staff at my institution are organizing a learning management system (LMS)
symposium sponsored by NERCOMP on October 24th in Norwood, Massachusetts.
We are in need of speakers and I have been tasked with seeing if I could
locate speakers to talk about accessibility needs in an LMS environment.
Speakers could receive free registration to the conference.

*This day-long event will provide all LMS users in the region an
opportunity to collaborate and network around issues common to all
users. Additionally, there will be ample time (in the afternoon) for
BlackBoard, Brightspace, Canvas, and Moodle User Groups to break out into
sessions and discuss tips, issues and best practices specific to each
LMS.This event should draw approx. 100-150 attendees. This will be a
mixture of instructional designers and technologists, IT folks working with
the LMS, librarians, and others from higher ed.*

*Here is the basic *

agenda for the day:

-

8:30a - 9a: Registration, breakfast and small group chats
-

9a - 10a: Keynote Speaker- individual/panel speaking to the future of
LMS?
-

10a - 10:15a: Morning Break
-

*10:15a - 11a: Accessibility, Devices and the Web: Ensuring the success
of every user (Could be a panel or a single speaker)*
-

11:05 - 11:50a: OER and the LMS
-

11:50a - 12:50p: Lunch

AFTERNOON SESSIONS ARE SPECIFIC TO EACH LMS USER GROUP

-

1p - 1:45p: Session 1
-

1:50p - 2:15p: Session 2
-

2:15p - 2:30p Afternoon Break
-

2:30p - 3p: Session 3
-

3p - 3:30p: Wrap Up/Q&A

Please let me know if you are interested in presenting or have an idea of
who may be interested. Thank you for your consideration!

Best,
Adam

*Adam Kosakowski*
Coordinator of Student AccessAbility Services
AccessAbility Services (formerly Student Disability Services): Room 107 in
Blake
Phone: 413-565-1607
Fax: 413-565-1610
Email: akosakowski at baypath.edu