[Athen] question on accessiblewindows application to read epub

Russell Solowoniuk solowoniukr at macewan.ca
Tue May 29 10:04:14 PDT 2018

Hi Norm,

As someone else here mentioned, Adobe Digital Editions works quite well with screen readers when reading ePub documents. You can usually press shift + tab from the content of the document and you will be placed in a table of contents. You can open the table of contents with the right arrow, navigate to the chapter/section you want, press enter, and then tab back into the content of the document, and you will be placed at the location you chose in the table of contents.

Hope this helps.

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
AT Educational Assistant, Services to Students with Disabilities
MacEwan University
7-198 D4, 10700-104 Ave.
Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2
E: solowoniukr at macewan.ca
T: 780-497-5826
F: 780-497-4018
macewan.ca

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

We acknowledge that the land on which we gather in Treaty Six Territory is the traditional gathering place for many Indigenous people. We honour and respect the history, languages, ceremonies and culture of the First Nations, Métis and Inuit who call this territory home.