[Athen] Mac Text to Speech ("Read Aloud") no longer available?

Michael Nakai michaelnakai at weber.edu
Fri Nov 9 09:45:22 PST 2018

Can you post that link? I might have a general idea but it keeps falling
back to VoiceOver to which you did say you're not talking about it.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 2:02 PM Susan Kelmer <Susan.Kelmer at colorado.edu>
wrote:

> When working with students with Macs, I’ve always sent them a link to the

> instructions for using their Macs to read short pieces, in addition to

> giving them Kurzweil. I met with a student today, and went to send the

> link I usually use, and…it’s a 404. And all my searching on google only

> brings up years-old instructions for using the technology.

> Has Apple suddenly removed this functionality from Mac OS? I can’t

> believe that they would have, but it appears to be gone. Anyone have any

> information to say otherwise?

> (I am not talking about VoiceOver)

> *Susan Kelmer*

> *Alternate Format Production Program Manager*

> *Disability Services*

> *University of Colorado Boulder*

> *303-735-4836*

Michael Nakai
Adaptive Technology

*Weber State University Disability Services*
3885 West Campus Drive Dept 1129
Ogden, Utah 84408-1129
(801) 626-6413