[Athen] Mac Text to Speech ("Read Aloud") no longer available?

Sean Keegan skeegan at ccctechcenter.org
Mon Oct 22 15:02:50 PDT 2018

Yes, as Susan mentioned, it will read whatever is highlighted and is good
for a quick reading solution when they may not want to open an application.

I think it is also helpful for students to be informed of the option in
case their software text-to-speech solution fails. I routinely dealt with
students who upgraded their Mac or Windows computer as soon as the new OS
was released and then came to me when their 3rd-party text-to-speech app no
longer functioned. Knowing what is available in the main OS was helpful to
students who wanted adopt new technology early and not wait for a month or
so for the compatible 3rd-party apps.

sean