[Athen] Captioning YouTube Videos

Stephen (Alex) Marositz smarositz at csudh.edu
Thu Apr 11 12:54:52 PDT 2019

Hello List

I know that it used to be that you would have to download a caption file from YouTube, edit it and upload it to create accurate captions. It seems now that you can do it from within your YouTube account. Can anyone speak to the ease in doing it this way? Here's the link:
http://ncdae.org/resources/cheatsheets/youtube.php
Being a screen reader user myself, I could not figure out how to do it entirely from the keyboard.

Thanks for your insights.

Stephen Alexander (Alex) Marositz J.D. CPACC
Accessible Technology Initiative Coordinator
Information Technology Services, California State University Dominguez Hills
(310)243-3077