[Athen] Accessibility of Band app

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 21:27:04 PST 2019

Does anyone in our hive have a few minutes to test screen reading accessibility on a band communication app called Band? Here's a link. https://band.us/home

I can work on the dictation software accessibility in the morning.

The band I play in is supposed to have a process for accessibilty, and this "we're doing this immediately" did not run through the process at all. I need to be able to use it with dictation software. Jaws tests the same access points, so having both tested will help me determine whether this app will work.

If you have any alternative communication apps which are compatible with Jaws that serve the same kind of categories as this one or suggestions on how we could adapt existing software to meet the band's needs.

Thanks in advance.

Wink

Wink Harner