[Athen] Adobe for Creative Cloud

chagnon at pubcom.com chagnon at pubcom.com
Wed Jul 3 22:10:43 PDT 2019

First, Adobe's Creative Cloud (CC) suite of software programs are not cloud
software. It's a subscription to their software programs which are installed
on your computer, not run in the cloud.

The CC suite includes all of the creative and design programs from Adobe,
including Acrobat Pro DC, so your existing standalone license of Acrobat Pro
DC won't be needed anymore. You'll use the version that comes with the CC
suite.

And it's identical to what you're using now.

Here's a list of the programs that come with the CC subscription: includes
graphic design, Photoshop, digital media, fonts, and more.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/features.html

So why is it called "creative cloud?" Haven't a clue, but I think someone
in marketing thought is sounded cute. There are some cloud-based services,
but they're relatively minor and don't affect Acrobat.

-Bevi Chagnon

ACP - Adobe Community Professional

- - -

Bevi Chagnon, founder/CEO | Bevi at PubCom.com <mailto:Bevi at PubCom.com>

- - -

PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing

consulting . training . development . design . sec. 508 services

Upcoming classes at www.PubCom.com/ <http://www.pubcom.com/classes> classes

- - -

<https://mailchi.mp/dfadd677496c/heqcq8lsqb-2960773> Latest blog-newsletter
- Accessibility Tips at www.PubCom.com/blog <http://www.pubcom.com/blog>