[Athen] Explore the fundamentals of accessibility and inclusive design from the University of Illinois

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:55:34 PDT 2019

Hi Jon,

So glad the link to your fundamentals course showed up in today's email!
I'm teaching one of the core courses at CUNY for their MA in Disability
Studies program, to wit, Assistive technology in higher education. I'm
always on the lookout for good foundational material to refer students to.
I teach this course both fall & spring at CUNY and it is a required core
course for the degree.

Specifically, I would like to ask your permission to link your Module 1
Understanding Disability & Assistive Technology to my DSSV606 AT in Higher
Ed class. I would like to make a link to your Module 1 a required off-site
(off OUR site!) assignment.

I provide hundreds of links to colleges all over the US with resources
related accessibility, AT, high tech, low tech, smart phone and iDevice
apps, hardware, software, budget development, alternative text production,
captioning, video & audio description (all are best practices resources)
throughout the semester. A link to your first module would be one of these,
if you're willing!

Let me know if this is possible, feasible, acceptable.

You all have done a really comprehensive job with this.

Let me know if a link is possible!

Thanks in advance
Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com
480-984-0034

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .