[Athen] 21st Century IDEA Act

Christine Robinson crobinson at ggc.edu
Tue Jul 16 06:07:03 PDT 2019

Hi all -

I've seen a couple of references to the 21st Century IDEA Act, which apparently requires that "public service agencies" report their state of Section 508 compliance to Congress by December 20 of this year. I haven't been able to ferret out the definition of "public service agencies."

Can anyone provide more information on this? Particularly, are higher ed institutions included?

Thanks!

Christine Robinson | Technical Trainer/Writer | Center for Teaching Excellence
Georgia Gwinnett College | 1000 University Center Lane| Lawrenceville, GA 30043