[Athen] Your opinions on keeping old AT

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 08:35:30 PDT 2019

I love reading all the purge stories! I do a similar process to what
Robert described. Unfortunately, w can't use the 2-year rule as we often
go more like 5 years between students who may need to use documents
requiring the PIAF and sometimes even braille. The main items I keep are
those big-dollar items - embossers and PIAFs, portable braille displays (as
long as they can still connect and work with a computer), portable
magnifiers. If it's less than $500 to replace and I haven't used it for 3-5
years, it goes. I do put labels that say "before disposing of this item,
please ask Heidi" on things that can't stay in my office.

Heidi

Heidi Scher, M.S., CRC
Associate Director - AT
*she, her, hers*
Center for Educational Access at the University of Arkansas
1 University of Arkansas, ARKU 209
Fayetteville, AR 72701
479.575.3104 phone
479.575.7445 fax