[Athen] currency of NCDAE “Identifying Web Accessibility Issues” Cheat Sheet?

Adina Mulliken am2621 at hunter.cuny.edu
Thu Jun 13 11:11:52 PDT 2019

Hi all,
Would someone be able to advise me whether anything in the short NCDAE “Identifying Web Accessibility Issues” Cheat Sheethttp://ncdae.org/resources/cheatsheets/accessibility.php is outdated, since it was published in 2013?

Particularly, is this recommendation it makes still appropriate?
“Some users with visual disabilities enlarge page content for readability, but enlarging content on a page can sometimes cause layout problems. To make content larger, press Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) and + (plus). Ctrl and - (minus) makes content smaller and Ctrland the number 0 will return to the default. Zoom the page several times and make sure everything is readable, especially images with text. It is fine if a horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom of your window.”

I’m considering suggesting linking to the cheat sheet for our library’s collection development policy because I think the cheat sheet has a level of detail that seems practical for some librarians who need to at least partially evaluate accessibility of a resource. But, I don’t want to do that if it’s out of date.

Thanks for any advice!

Adina Mulliken
Assistant Professor, Librarian
Social Work and Public Health Library