[Athen] Introducing myself to the group

Tyler Shepard tylershepard1991 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 09:51:20 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I have replied to some of the messages on this thread but I never truly introduced myself to the group. Here it goes.
My name is Tyler Shepard and I am new to the world of assistive technology as a career. I graduated from the University of Washington in 2017 and spent one year at the same institution in their disability support office. It should be noted that I am blind and use a screen reader and I learned allot at the university of washington's Disability Resources for Students office.  There I learned I want to make this a career because I have seen how impactful it can be first hand. As I write this I am looking for a job in accessibility focusing on either higher education or accessibility consulting. I hope to find fulltime work very soon.
I am on linkedin if you would like to look me up, I would be happy to conect with people in the accessibility and higher education indistries and share ideas and articles there too.
I thank you for your time.
Hope you are well,
Tyler Shepard
linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tyler-shepard-8012b726/