[Athen] Dragon Dictate for MAC for Chemistry homework

foreigntype foreigntype at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:10:11 PDT 2019

Hi Jill et al ATHENites Nuance has dropped all support for the Dragon Dictate for Mac. Don't know if Apple is moving forward with a suitably robust dictation software on their own or not.There is a software combo that works well for dictation in math. I force Dragon to do all kinds of things it wasn't necessarily designed to do, but dictating chemistry is not on the "approved list" for sure.You might contact Nancilu McClellan at Metroplex Voice Computing to see how feasible it would be to use Math Talk & Scientific Notebook with Dragon NS. Only works on Windows as far as I know. But it *might* work!. Here's a link to their website. https://mathtalk.com/Wink HarnerSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Jill Heilman <heilmanj at lafayette.edu> Date: 3/13/19 2:30 PM (GMT-08:00) To: athen-list at u.washington.edu Subject: [Athen] Dragon Dictate for MAC for Chemistry homework Hello - I am new to posting to the group for questions. I am new to assisting students with the dictation software.  I have a student who would like to use Dragon Dictate for MAC to complete Chemistry homework.  Does Dragon Dictate allow students to dictate chemistry equations or is there a software that is compatible with Dragon Dictate for MAC that allows you to do Chemistry equations and Math Equations.  Appreciate any information you could provide.Thanks,Jill-- Jill HeilmanAssociate DirectorAcademic Resource HubLafayette College ~ 312 Scott Hall610-330-5071 ~ heilmanj at lafayette.edu