[Athen] VI Math student using Mac

Sean Keegan skeegan at ccctechcenter.org
Thu May 30 09:10:38 PDT 2019

One option may be EquatIO as that is web-based and not dependent on Windows
or Mac.

Is CU-Boulder using Sensus Access? I know one of the conversion routines is
that you can create a DOCX+MathType file and then select the ePub 3 output.
That will convert the file to an ePub 3 with MathML content.

The student can then side-load this ePub 3 file into iBooks on the Mac and
be able to view/enlarge the information as well as have the content read
using VoiceOver. I know you mentioned the student does not use a
screen-reader, but what is nice about VoiceOver is that it can be turned
on/off as needed. I have not tried any other ePub 3 readers on the Mac.

I know that CAR released a "Mojave" version, so that may have resolved some
of the issues they had previously. I have not tested out this new version
yet.

Take care,
Sean