[Athen] JAWS and NVDA training help

Walton, Vicki vwalton at columbiabasin.edu
Fri Oct 11 11:30:38 PDT 2019

Our college tests all software that is requesting to be renewed or purchased. Our department is responsible for this task. Even though we have the basic skills using both JAWS and NVDA, we want to improve our skill set. We are both sighted users of these two products.

We are seeking anyone who is willing to do training for us. Both basic and advanced training. This can be remote training using Zoom video conferencing, in person, using email or phone calls.

We hit certain walls that even though a YouTube video and other documentation tells us we are doing things correctly, we can't get it to work the way it is documented. For example, with NVDA, you can use the quick heading key of H to navigate headings. In a Word document, neither myself nor my colleague can get this to work. It just types out H. And, if I initiate the NVDA elements list (Insert F7) while in a Word document, it opens google instead.

We have Windows 10 and use the latest versions of NVDA and JAWS 2019.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

[Visit the CBC Website]<https://www.columbiabasin.edu/>

Vicki Walton
Assistive Technology Center
509.542.4428, or ext. 2428
2600 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA 99301
[Follow CBC on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/columbiabasincollege> [Follow CBC on Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/cbcollege> [Follow CBC on Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/cbcollege> [Follow CBC on YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/columbiabasincollege> [Follow CBC on Snapchat] <https://www.snapchat.com/add/cbchawkssnaps>
[We All Soar Together]