[Athen] Graphing functions

Noble,Stephen L. steve.noble at louisville.edu
Wed Sep 18 12:08:47 PDT 2019

You may want to look at NWEA Image Description Guidelines for Assessments<https://www.nwea.org/content/uploads/2017/06/Image-Description-Guidelines-for-Assessments-2017.pdf>. The point in these guidelines is how to describe various types of content without clueing the answer. There is a section on graphs.

On the automated front, the Desmos graphing calculator<https://learn.desmos.com/accessibility> provides audio tracing of graphs, which is another method of providing access.

Although it is no longer being updated the Math Description Engine<https://prime.jsc.nasa.gov/mde/> that is part of MathTrax will create automated text descriptions of graphs which you can copy and paste.

--Steve Noble