[Athen] Recommendations for Math Faculty

Heather Mariger heather.mariger at chemeketa.edu
Fri Sep 20 11:27:36 PDT 2019

Greetings,

What are some simple recommendations that I can share with Math faculty on
how to make their materials more accessible? I have been trying to research
and there is a lot of conflicting information regarding formulas and
equations and I want to make sure that I am pointing them in the right
direction without scaring them away.

Also, how accessible are equations created with the equation editor in
Word?

Thanks for being such great resources!
H.

*Heather Mariger*
*Digital Accessibility Advocate*

*Center for Academic Innovation*
*Chemeketa Community College*
*4000 Lancaster Drive NE - 9/126A*
*Salem, OR 97305*

503.589.7832

*Diversity is being invited to the party; inclusion is being asked to
dance. *
Verna Myers, author and speaker