[Athen] Mathtype question

Russell Solowoniuk solowoniukr at macewan.ca
Thu Apr 2 12:37:05 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,

We've been contacted by one of our eLearning team members. He is attempting to convert an instructor's Word document to a PDF. The document is for a math course and has many math equations done using Mathtype. The problem is that the instructor didn't just use Mathtype for the equations, but used it for all the content in the document, including text instructions.

The conversion to PDF made quite a mess of things. Is there a way to modify the Mathtype content in the Word document so that only the equations are rendered in Mathtype? The eLearning person doesn't want to have to re-type all the content, if he can avoid it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Russell