[Athen] More accessibility frustrations

Erik Ferguson erik.ferguson at pcc.edu
Thu Apr 9 15:30:32 PDT 2020

Heard. Agree. Thanks for speaking out. Wish I could fix it all. Its usually
one receptive person at a time though. Perhaps, as we are doing all of this
online work we should begin a discussion on Audio Description in technical
and business climates...

Best Regards,
Erik Ferguson

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 2:28 PM Deborah Armstrong <armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu>
wrote:

> I’m visually impaired. I’ve been in a ton of trainings this week on remote

> apps for working from home.

> The audio usually sounds like this “I’m going to click on this. Then I’ll

> open that over here. Click on that. Now we’ll go over there and check this

> box. Now I’m selecting this …”

> I don’t want to hassle my hard-working colleagues because they are already

> stressed. Griping about lack of access seems so mean-spirited!

> And I’m pretty good at figuring out stuff on my own but it’s such a big

> waste of my time. And it’s so lonely having to always figure out everything

> all by myself.

> Why can’t people **SAY*** what they are clicking on!

> --Debee

Erik Ferguson
Alternative Media Technician
PCC Disability Services Assistive Technology Team
Contact us for questions and support at:
Phone: 971-722-TECH (971-722-8324)
access-tech-group at pcc.edu
*Please Note: I am not in office Tuesday or Thursday. For immediate
response please use the email and number listed in signature above.*