[Athen] Working with Deaf Students? Contact NDC for Support!

National Deaf Center help at nationaldeafcenter.org
Mon Apr 20 19:12:52 PDT 2020

Greetings,

The National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes
<http://www.nationaldeafcenter.org> (NDC) recognizes the COVID-19 crisis
has impacted in-person interactions from instruction, commencement,
programs, to other essential campus services. We also know the future is
still uncertain for many campuses. We want you, disability services
professionals and campus personnel to know, *we see you and we appreciate
you.*
NDC continues to field calls and inquiries about best practices,
strategies, and ways to provide effective communication for different types
of virtual settings. Our priority during this challenging time is to
provide you with the resources and tools to support deaf students to access
online learning and services. NDC has developed several resources in
response to commonly asked questions and challenges encountered by deaf
students, disability service professionals, teachers, administrators, and
community members. Here are some of those resources:

- *5 Tips for Disability Services Professionals*
<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/news/5-tips-disability-service-professionals-provide-accessibility-online-classes>
- *Checklist for Teaching Deaf Students Online*
<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/news/checklist-teaching-deaf-students-online>
- *Take Control of Your Online Learning: Tips for Deaf College Students*
<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/news/take-control-your-online-learning-tips-deaf-college-students>
- *Your Questions, Answered
<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/covid19faqs>*

For the full list, visit our COVID-19 information page
<https://nationaldeafcenter.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f3242d5a0cc5030646a177f5&id=cd18cd4a96&e=aa7b2cf1fa>.
Check back often as the page is updated frequently or subscribe to our
newsletter <http://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/signup> to receive updates.

*Contact us!* We also wanted to remind our colleagues that *we are here
for you! * NDC has an incredible team of professionals
<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/team> that can respond to your
questions and offer models of successful approaches to the field. For
specific questions, contact us now at help at nationaldeafcenter.org or schedule
a virtual appointment <https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/on-call>.

*Get Connected! * Join our listserv
<http://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/signup> to discuss strategies or find
out what your colleagues working with deaf individuals are doing.

*Thank you* to everyone working to ensure deaf students can continue to
access their education during this time.

*Please note as a federally funded program NDC does not endorse or
recommend specific brands, services, or other products. *

* NDC | help*
Savio Chan, Lore Kinast,
Dave Litman, & Stephanie Zito
*help at nationaldeafcenter.org <help at nationaldeafcenter.org>*
[image: https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/]
<https://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/>
<http://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/>
<https://www.facebook.com/nationaldeafcenter>
<https://twitter.com/NationalDeafCtr>
<https://www.instagram.com/nationaldeafcenter/>
<https://www.youtube.com/national%20deaf%20center>
Subscribe to our newsletter <http://www.nationaldeafcenter.org/signup> and
receive updates about NDC activities.

NDC is a technical assistance and dissemination center jointly funded by
the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Special Education Programs
(OSEP) and the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA)
#H326D160001. Disclaimer:
the contents of this email do not necessarily represent the policies of the
federal government.