[Athen] Live-Streaming Recording and Captioning

Hunziker, Dawn A - (hunziker) hunziker at arizona.edu
Wed Apr 22 17:05:23 PDT 2020

Hi all,

For Convocation at the University of Arizona, we are "re-streaming" all, or nearly all convocations via Re-Stream to YouTube Live (as we are doing with main Commencement). So it will appear live but actually be pre-recorded."

Does anyone have any experience with Re-Stream? And how about captioning? Ideally, we'd have everything pre-captioned with closed captioning, but I don't know if Re-Stream / YouTube LIVE can ingest and use a pre-posted caption file (srt?).

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Dawn

Dawn Hunziker
IT Accessibility Consultant, Sr. | Disability Resources
The University of Arizona | hunziker at arizona.edu<mailto:hunziker at arizona.edu>
drc.arizona.edu<http://drc.arizona.edu/> | itaccessibility.arizona.edu<http://itaccessibility.arizona.edu/>