[Athen] Help for conveying COVID information to blind students

Amy Robasse arobasse at cornellcollege.edu
Sun Aug 9 17:29:44 PDT 2020

Hello!

I am hoping that some of you have already thought through and found
solutions for the problems I am dealing with. Our campus will be open this
fall and is using tons of temporary signage to assign the flow of traffic,
information on leaving seating open, how many students can be in an area,
etc. We are also placing temporary (let's hope!) sanitation stations and
cleaning supplies all over campus.

I located some bluetooth beacons available that can be programmed to share
whatever information we program them to. I thought something like that
might be helpful for sharing information that might be dynamic and changing
often, but they are an investment. And like many of your institutions, we
are all watching our budgets.

Outside of walking around campus with our students and telling them where
all of the new items are (and hoping they remember them) I am not sure what
to do. Provide a building map or directory that explains traffic flow,
seating rules, and sanitation locations?

Any advice is appreciated. If this was previously discussed I apologize, I
have been very behind in reading the mailings.

Thank you

Warmly,
Amy

---

Amy Robasse, MA
Accessibility and Academic Support Assistant
Working Remotely - email me for a virtual appointment
arobasse at cornellcollege.edu

-----> Want to connect with other students with disabilities? Email me
<arobasse at cornellcollege.edu> for our Zoom chat info!