[Athen] Question RE: test integrity solutions for F2F exams w/ assistive tech

Justin Romack justinr at disability.tamu.edu
Wed Dec 16 09:32:38 PST 2020

Howdy y'all!

Pre-pandemic, our testing center was scoping requirements for an endpoint solution to help manage access to workstations outfitted with various assistive tech solutions for students testing with accommodations.

When I started in 2014, it was as easy as deploying a laptop or two each week in a testing room and toggling off the wi-fi... But we've grown substantially and now have eight desktop workstations and 13 laptops, some of which require internet access (while others need to have no connectivity whatsoever.) Managing these options isn't possible alongside my other FT responsibilities, so our division IT is looking for any existing solutions others may be using to manage this either remotely or through a kiosk-style solution.

Questions:

1. Are you responsible for managing tech in a similar space with similar requirements? How are YOU managing this?
2. Have you heard of anything like this - or have any suggestions as we begin to develop out the idea?

Grateful for anything you can send my way!

Hoping everyone is safe, healthy and well as we head into the winter break!

Thanks,

Justin Romack | Assistive Technology Coordinator
Disability Resources | Texas A&M University
1224 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-1224

ph: 979.845.1637 | justinr at disability.tamu.edu<mailto:justinr at disability.tamu.edu> | disability.tamu.edu