[Athen] Most accessible format for graphs, charts, or tables?

Lydia X. Z. Brown lydia at autistichoya.com
Mon Jun 1 10:13:13 PDT 2020

Hi all,

Hope you are doing OK. Please no worries about responding to this email if
you do not have time or spoons.

For those who might know, especially blind and low vision colleagues, I'm
wondering if anyone knows the best way to format a graph, chart, or table
of data or information in a downloadable document so that it is
screen-reader accessible and actually usable (e.g. allows skipping to
different sections easily). Any information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Lydia
______________
*Lydia X. Z. Brown *
(they/them/theirs)
lydia at autistichoya.com
+1 (202) 618-0187
www.autistichoya.net

“‘No’
might make them angry.
but
it will make you free.
― if no one has ever told you, your freedom is more important than their
anger”
― Nayyirah Waheed

“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I
can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“Life is short and the world
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
stranger, there is one who would break you,
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor,
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
right? You could make this place beautiful.”
― Maggie Smith

*Resist. Stay Ungovernable. Rebel.*

*If you or someone you know is currently in danger or in crisis*, please
consider reaching out to someone who might be able to help — click for a
list of text message, online chat, videophone, TTY, and phone hotlines
<https://goo.gl/Xifa1C>, including those specific to Deaf, LGBTQ+, and
trans people. *Generally having a hard time*? Try bit.ly/selfcarehelp for a
text-accessible, interactive self-care/executive functioning tool.