[Athen] function signs in NVDA

Wink Harner foreigntype at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:14:38 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I was contacted by a math colleague of mine from AZ about a project she's
working on creating a PPT slide deck for math using NVDA.

She's set up with MathType & MathPlayer, but has reported a problem with
NVDA not recognizing simple function symbols such as "+" and "-" being read
correctly in NVDA.

I could not easily find my notes on this and wondered if anyone out there
has a suggestion about a simple fix for this? A setting?

Any info would be helpful for me to pass along to her

Thanks in advance.
Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com
480-984-0034

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .