[Athen] Copyright law woes

kerscher at montana.com kerscher at montana.com
Sat Jun 13 07:22:50 PDT 2020

Dear Debee,

I am not a lawyer and do not give copyright advice. However, whatever gave
the professor the right to grab a few pages from a title, I would guess the
fair use doctrine, would also give the right to copy and paste the same
amount from a digital version, IMO (non-legal).

You could certainly send a link to the professor of the digital version and
have him or her grab it from that version, and of course, the professor must
have the legal right to the digital version either by purchasing it or
getting it from the library.

Agree this is a real pain and it would be far better to work from the
digital version of content for these purposes.

Best

George