[Athen] Question about accessible math and PDF

Noble,Stephen L. steve.noble at louisville.edu
Mon Jun 15 18:18:09 PDT 2020

It won't be easy. You will need to copy and paste the MathML code for each expression into a <formula> tag in the PDF. As far as I know, nobody has come up with an automated turnkey method to do this...it all has to be done by hand, one expression at a time. Plus, only NVDA+MathPlayer knows how to read the resulting file. So, common practice is to create the content in something much easier to produce and read, like Word+MathType or HTML+MathJax.

--Steve Noble
steve.noble at louisville.edu
502-969-3088